Most alarms which can be installed even by the one that buy offers minimal protection. If you truly want to protect your car, call a specialized company for the installation of an advanced alarm.
Preparing for installation
- 1. Gather required materials. You’ll need a scissors or a knife, soldering iron and soldering material, lamp test, power drill, screwdriver, double duct tape and a voltmeter.
- 2. Read the manual with installation instructions.
Be sure you understand what is write in the manual. If you bought the alarm from a specialised shop, then you can always ask for advice and installation modes.
- 3. Call at company representative and inform the representative about the type of your car. Ask how to make connections in case when the car has central locking.
- 4. Ask the representative what wires (what color) to choose for locking the doors and disable the starting system.
- 5. Ask how to use the voltmeter to test the circuit for locking the doors.
- 6. See where you have to put the components, according to the manual instructions.
- 1. Install the siren under the hood on a solid surface. Place the siren face down to avoid the accumulation of moisture. Make connections for power supply.
- 2. Connect alarm powered correctly to the battery.
- 3. Put a fuse on the power cord near the battery. Read instructions about fuse type and measure.
- 4. Mount the vibration sensor in the place specified by handbook.
- 5. Make a hole in the dashboard where you want to place the LED for status indication. Connect the LED to the system and put it over the hole.
- 6. Find the wires that acts closure system of the doors.
- 7. Connect these wires to the alarm system.
- 8. Using manual found the wires from the hazard warning lights.
- 9. Connect the alarm to these lights.
- 10. Localize central locking of the doors.
- 11. Connect the circuit for central locking to alarm.
- 12. From the starting system, connect the wires to the alarm to be able to interrupt starting in case the alarm is triggered.
- 13. Mount the command panel under the dashboard.
- 14. Connect all the wires to the alarm module.
- 15. Mount the alarm module under the dashboard on a solid surface.
- 16. Use duct tape to insulate the wires and tying them in bunches.
- 17. Arms the alarm and test it.
- You activate the alarm it should lock doors and vice versa. Arm it and unlock door with a key. Should alarm starts ringing.
- If the alarm does not work check connections and the wires and then try again.
Car Alarm Installation was last modified: May 5th, 2016 by